ANKARA, Turkey (AP) Naim Suleymanoglu, the Turkish weightlifter who won three Olympic gold medals and was known as ''Pocket Hercules,'' died Saturday. He was 50.
- Preview: Two of NHL’s top offenses meet as Lightning host Islanders
- Preview: Panthers look to send Kings to sixth straight home loss
- Preview: Magic try to get back on track, host struggling Jazz
- Preview: Amid disappointing season, FSU not looking past Delaware State
- Preview: After moving into playoff position, Miami looks to avoid letdown vs. Virginia
IGLS, Austria (AP) Natalie Geisenberger won to lead a German sweep of the medals at the first World Cup women's luge race of the Olympic season on Saturday.
TOKYO (AP) Defender Elsinho scored late in the second half as Kawasaki Frontale beat Gamba Osaka 1-0 at home on Saturday to keep their J-League title hopes alive.
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) Tonga held on to defeat Lebanon 24-22 on Saturday to join defending champion Australia in the semifinals of the Rugby League World Cup.
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) Fiji pulled off one of the biggest upsets in Rugby League World Cup history Saturday when it beat tournament co-hosts New Zealand 4-2 in the quarterfinals.
PORTLAND, Ore. --- Just as soon as the Portland Trail Blazers seem to find a rhythm, they seem to take a significant step in reverse.
VANCOUVER -- The Vancouver Canucks should need little motivation for their next game.
As has been the case all season, lack of scoring remains an issue for the San Jose Sharks.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) The date ''8-23-14'' is tattooed on Avery Marz's left shoulder.