ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) Some people might have figured the Cleveland Indians were due for a little slump after their winning streak was snapped at 22 games, an American League record.
- Indians roll on, beat Angels 6-3 for 25th win in 26 games (Sep 19, 2017)
- Contending Rockies lose early lead, fall to Giants 4-3 (Sep 19, 2017)
- Rangers score twice in 8th inning for 3-1 win over Mariners (Sep 19, 2017)
- No. 6 Oklahoma State, No. 16 TCU set for Big 12 battle
- Rangers score twice in 8th inning for 3-1 win over Mariners
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Carlos Gonzalez could have let the ball drop and watched Hunter Pence end the game with a hit. Instead, with the Rockies playing five infielders, Gonzalez ran down a difficult fly ball in center field and Pence had a sacrifice fly.
SEATTLE (AP) Carlos Gomez had not seen live pitching in more than a week due to a sprained ankle, but he kept asking Texas manager Jeff Banister for an opportunity as a pinch-hitter.
No. 6 Oklahoma State, No. 16 TCU set for Big 12 battle
Rangers score twice in 8th inning for 3-1 win over Mariners
The Tribe started the last road trip of the season out with a victory.
Clev after the 6-3 win.
Arizona failed to gain ground in the NL wild-card race despite A.J. Pollock's two homers and a double.
TOKYO (AP) Sports fans gathered in Tokyo's Shibuya entertainment district on Wednesday to mark two years until Japan hosts the 2019 Rugby World Cup, the first time the tournament will be held outside the traditional rugby-playing countries.
Francona after the 6-3 win.